The end of the year is an opportune time for reflection and recalibration. I don’t believe in resolutions, but I do believe in reflection and intention setting – this is how you can manifest what you want in your life.
Here’s the practice that I do at the end of the year to reflect and recalibrate for the year ahead:
-Month by month I write down noteworthy moments from the month, whether it was a way I was feeling, a place I visited, an impactful meeting I had. This is a bulleted list. I start by looking at my calendar from the year and what meetings I wrote down or flights I took. My next step is to review journals I kept.
-Review the list for any surprises, any trends and any moments that made me particularly happy
-Reflect through powerful questions
It’s a great practice to do solo or with a trusted friend or group. If you happen to be in Santa Monica next weekend, email me for an invite to a private workshop I’m holding for New Years Intentions.
Here are my Top 10 Reflection Questions for the New Year:
1. What brought joy, peace, happiness, productivity, fulfillment?
2. What didn’t work well? Was it a bad goal? Is there an area that needs more focus?
3. What was your biggest challenge in 2019?
4. Where do you want to visit in 2020?
5. What hobbies or talents do you want to develop?
6. What do you want your health to look like?
7. What do you want your relationships to look like? Which relationships aren’t working / do you need to transform?
8. Whats the big bold decision you need to make in 2020?
9. What would make you happier in 2020? What must you do differently this year?
10. What do you need to believe about yourself in order to make this happen?
If you’d like help with any of this, you can always reach out to me and ask about a coaching plan.